Or, I should probably subtitle this post "macro is a bitch". :\
I took inspiration from my Broadway Nails "harajuku style" glue-on nails from a couple of days ago (link), and tried to replicate the look using my natural nails. I did it, pretty successfully, I thought. It was pretty messy, but I thought I'd done a damn good job of cleaning up. I used a brush and everything. Well... this is what my camera saw...
Really? :'( Holy effin smokes. I looked at my nails pre-pics and I thought it was so cute. It probably could have benefited from some nail guides, but other than that... I thought it was a success. Then I looked at the pictures all zoomed in and nearly had a heart attack. OMG. :| I promise you girls, I did clean up. Like I mentioned above, I even used an old eyeliner brush, for crying out loud (normally, I'm just a q-tip girl).
Honestly, I was gonna chalk it up to a huge failure when I figured I'd go on and post it. Afterall, it was a wee bit time consuming to create this look. I figured at the least, you'd get a good laugh, and at the most, maybe some of you would find inspiration in my mess and recreate the look with much greater success.
To create this look, I sponged on Nicole by OPI Pink. Seriously (part of the new Target collection), Fingerpaints Chrysanthe-mum's the Word, and Zoya Robyn. I think added a coat of Nubar Dewdrop over the sponged color, and a french in Illamasqua Boosh. I then added 2 coats of topcoat. I loved it before my disastrous macro pics, and even now, I really like the look, I just wish it was neater, and wish that macro was kinder. LOL. I think if someone were to try this on longer, squarer nails, it would look amazing. Just think of all the color combos. :)
Here's hoping my pic made no one sick. :P