Monday, November 21, 2011

Deborah Lippmann Glamorous Life

Every so often, I get a wild hair and decide to order a Lippmann polish.  As I’ve been out of the loop for awhile, I really wasn’t sure what was out there in terms of new Lippmanns.  As it’s almost Christmas, I expected total glitterbombs (which there are) and some awesome-looking cremes (which there are).  So, I completely shocked myself when the one I chose to order was Glamorous Life.

It looked interesting in bottle pics and the few swatches I’d seen of it looked really nice.  Aaaaand, as soon as I read that Deborah Lippmann described this as the perfect rose gold, I knew I had to get it.  I’m a complete sucker for any thing rose gold.

The only thing that made me nervous was the finish.  It looked brush-strokey.  However, I didn’t even give it much though.  I loved the idea of it that much.

Well, it came yesterday…

Lippmann Glamous Life

Truth be told, I’m a little torn.  On one hand, Deborah was right… this is an amazing rose gold.  Unfortunately, OTOH, it’s not the satin finish I was expected based on it in the bottle.  It seemed very frosty to me.  On the first coat, in fact, I was ready to immediate add it to my “donate” pile. 

But, I gave it 2 more coats, and I must say that while I’m not in love with the finish, or the fact that I had so many issues with drag and strokes, I think the color of this is perfect.  It almost reminds me of a pink/gold version of Lippmann Purple Rain (which was another beautiful color with a nightmare application/finish).

That said, I just don’t know if the beautiful color is enough to offset all of the negatives or not-positives on this one.  I think I’m going to try it as a full manicure and definitely use a sticky base coat, as I feel that would really help with the brush-strokes.  It would also allow me to use 2 coats, rather than 3.

All-in-all, if you are a sucker for rose gold that’s not a foil or a bright metallic, then the color on this one may tempt you.  Just know that it’s frosty.  And while, it doesn’t give me old-lady-hands, but it does show strokes and drag.

Lippmann polishes are available through Deborah Lippmann’s website (www.deborahlippmann.com).  I usually get mine from What She Buys.  They ship super fast and change nothing for shipping. 

Lippmanns can retail up-to $20, though this polish like most other non-glitters is $16.

 

This polish was purchased by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment