Thursday, March 4, 2010

NOTD: Misa Serene Rosewood

I've slowly been trying to work my way through my Misa collection.  I figured I should start with one brand and then move to another knock out a bunch of untrieds.  Ha.  Who am I kidding?  My untrieds will always outnumber my trieds.  It's just the way it works. 

But back to the matter at hand, I figured tonight, I'd try Misa Serene Rosewood.  This is a polish I picked up during a TD haul.  I have a bad habit of picking polishes I can't find on boards or nailgal just so I can try them out.  I have no clue what collection it's from, as it's been d/c'd. 

I'm having a hard time describing this color.  It's definitely a brown, but if I had to give an exact color, I would say a brown that leans pink, not red.  Pink.  Rosewood is the perfect way to describe it.  Also, I'm pretty sure it would be classified as a frost, but when I think of frost, I think of super frosty peach or pink, and it's not along those lines of frost.  I guess you could say it has a frosty sheen.  Dang.  I suck at describing.  Why do I even have a blog?  LOL.

As for application, there were no issues.  I've recently started using Amour Sticky Base Coat (available at TD and SUPER cheap) and I really like it, though I'm thinking it doesn't play all that nicely with Misa polishes.  I seem to be getting some bumping and bubbling with the Armour base coat/Misa polish/Out the Door combo.  I think the next time I use a Misa, I'll mix it up a bit.  BTW, this was 2 coats.

Hope you guys like this one and I'll (hopefully) see you tomorrow.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment