Saturday, March 13, 2010

NOTD: OPI DS Opulence

About a year, or even less ago, if you'd asked me, I'd say I was a shimmer girl.  I pretty much exclusively wore shimmers or glitters.  I thought cremes were boring and I hated holos.  I don't know what happened, because I've since changed my tune.  There is nothing more amazing to me than an edgy creme or a pretty holo.  Oh, I still love my glitters, but I'm finding myself reaching for my shimmers less and less.  It's kinda sad because they are still beautiful and I have a crap ton of them, but I just find myself not wearing them, or quickly taking them off if I do wear them.  Hopefully this is a phase and I'll be reaching for my shimmers in the near future.

In the meantime, I've been hoarding holos and cremes like nobody's bidnez.  One of my recent acquisitions was this... OPI DS Opulence.  I'm pretty sure this one came out in 2008 along with some other new DSs, but for some reason, I'm thinking this one is d/c'd, but I could be wrong.  I got mine at VNS, but it's also available at TD.  Opulence is a soft, vintage pink holo.  Unlike a lot of newer DSs, it's definitely a holo, but in non-sun light, it's just as pretty.  This was 2 coats and I had no application problems.  I love this one.  I think I may konad over it tomorrow.

You'll notice I changed my nail shape.  I was having too may breaks and splits with the squoval, so I went full-on oval.  I prefer squoval, or square for that matter, but it doesn't work with me.  What do you guys think?  Look okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment