Thursday, April 30, 2009

Woohoo! My Zoya Exchange Order is Here!

Rock-the-F-on, I am so excited that my Zoyas came. Like, crazy happy. Christmas-seen-through-5-year-old-eyes happy. I realize this is my third post today, but like I mentioned... I'm happy. LOL.

Can I just say that the Zoya folks were super speedy with the turn-around time on this. I sent my polishes to them on Friday, I'm pretty sure, and they were on my porch today. I guess I'm so impressed because they are getting a shitload of exchange orders, so for them not to have a huge backlog is amazing. Go Zoya. Go.

Here's what I got:



From L to R: Erika, Tosca, Evangeline, Roxy, Indigo, and Suvi

I think I am most excited about Roxy and Indigo, with Roxy being the front-runner.

I have not tried any of these yet, as I just pulled them from their box, but here are my first impressions from their bottle color, which is realize can be deceiving. These are my first Zoyas.

Erika: Pretty, soft pink with golden shimmer. Can't speak to the opacity, but Zoya gave it a 3 or 4, can't remember exactly on the sheerness scale, so I bet it wouldn't take more than 2 coats, possibly 3, to be opaque. It's really lovely in the bottle. I hope it's the pale, irridescent pink of my dreams, and not total ass like the others I've tried. Plus, my aunt's name is Erika (spelled that way and everything), just in case I hate it... I'll give it to her.

Tosca: True red with golden shimmer. Imagine if a gorgeous red creme put her sexy makeup on and went out on the town. Kind of reminds me of OPI Oui Bit of Red, in that in certain lights, it may look creamy, but it's really a shimmer, though Tosca looks to have a touch more sparkle to her.

Evangeline: Zoya describes this as a metallic red, but it definitely looks more purpley to me. Maybe magenta-y. I like the color. Don't like the name so much because it reminds me of Evangeline Lily which of course brings up my Kate-hate. LOL. This one has golden shimmer as well. Hm? A theme perhaps?

Roxy: Holy Shit. This is how one does a purple glitter. In the bottle, this is probably the most gorgeous shade I own. It reminds me of a purple version of OPI Don't Toy with Me. Love. Love. Love. Seriously. I want to marry it and have 10,000 of it's glitter babies. Swoon. This little mama is going to be the first one I try.

Indigo: I really hope this one lives up to my expectations. This one, like Suvi below, has gotten some negative reviews on MUA. I'm really hoping it's more of a toned down version of Essie SSN and not just a run of the mill navy. In the bottle, it's so, so pretty. Navy with silver shimmer.

Suvi: Emerald green shimmer. Looks so nice, but again, I'm a bit worried about the mixed reviews. I have nothing like this in my collection, and I hope it doesn't disappoint.

All in all, I'd say this order was a success. I'm a little worried about Indigo and Suvi, but I'm sure they'll be fine. Even if they suck, they are gorgeous to look at in the bottle.

The Zoya Exchange is going on until June 1. So, I may do another order. My mom has tons of polish that she's getting ready to throw away, so I nab it and send it in. Sorry, Mama, but I just can't part with any of my babies... problem children or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment