Sunday, May 3, 2009

First Impressions: Zoya Roxy (updated)

I got this polish through the Zoya polish exchange. It's a beautiful purple (leaning slightly towards magenta) that has tons, and I mean a shitload of purple (same-tone) glitter. I know I said this would be the first one that I tried from my exchange haul, but I was actually leaning towards trying Erika first. Then my husband intervened and told me he liked Roxy because it was so sparkly.

This is my first time using a Zoya polish. The bottle itself was very nice. Seems silly to review the bottle, but it reminded me more of a perfume bottle than a nail polish bottle. For me, the wand was a little too squatty, but nothing that couldn't be dealt with. The brush was okay, I felt I didn't get enough coverage with it, but that was remedied with multiple coats.

The first coat was rather streaky and the glitter wasn't evenly distributed. However, by the second coat, my nail was fully saturated with color. I did apply a third coat, but very thinly and just to make sure that all my nails were the same depth of color. It's a very grown up glitter. It doesn't make me feel like a teenager.

Since this is a glitter, the end texture left something to be desired. Even with 2 coats of TC, it's a little bumpy. But I think that's just the nature of the beast. It's extremely rare to find a glitter polish that is perfectly smooth. I have a feeling this is going to be a bitch to remove, so I'll probably keep it on for a few days, so I'll edit my post accordingly. I'll also charge my camera and try to get a picture (yay for finding the charger).

All in all, at this point, I like it. I'm not crazy in love with it like I was in the bottle, but it's still very nice and interesting. This may change over the next few days, and like I mentioned above, I'll be sure to update my thoughts after wearing it.

UPDATE: I've now worn this for almost 2 days and I am totally in love with it. I can't stop looking at my fingers. I did apply another (3) coat of TC today to increase the shine and it seems like that just made it come to life. This is an amazing color, and it makes me want to try the other Zoya glitters (hmmm.... maybe another exchange order should be in the works). Still no picture, though. I'll probably keep this on for another few days because I love it so much and the wear is virtually nil, so I'll try to get a picture soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment