Friday, May 22, 2009

RIP ElePhantastic Pink Mani... I hardly knew ye


R.I.P.

Last night, my pretty pink mani with the yellow and white flowers went the way of the dodo. I'd stopped my a Walgreens on the other side of Knoxville to pick up some Vaseline for my daughter when I figured I'd check out their Sinful rack, to see if they had Pinky Glitter. All the Walgreens on this side of town were out, but lo and behold... this one had it! Yay!

So when I got home, I figured PG would be a perfect topper on my 6 un-arted nails. The color was perfect, but for some reason, I had the same problem with it as I did the Zoya I tried the other day. It wouldn't set and it made my polish slide right off. Plus, the nails were a little weak from the little bit of n-a remover I had to apply the other day. There was no saving them, so I began the task of taking them off. The nails were weak, but the glue was still going strong, so I had to use acetone to soak them off (rather I wiped them off with a cotton ball soaked in acetone). I hate doing this because it always ends with me making a mess on my fingers. Waiting until the glue is really weak and popping them off is much easier.

Once I got them off, I decided I'd take a pic of my natural nails just to show how badly they were damaged from the acrylic and the fill-in process.

Awful, huh? I'm hoping they'll be back to normal by the end of the year, but I'm not holding my breath.

I also took this opportunity to remove and moisturize my cuticles. Something I was way behind in doing. Both products I use are from Sally's. I use SuperNail Cuticle Softener and Remover and California Mango Mend Treatment Balm. I know some people don't like the Mango Mend, but I love it.
So after that was complete, I proceeded to re-apply the Nailene nails. I don't know about these Nailene. I'm thinking about getting a box of Kiss and alternate using them so I can tell which is better. I may even do both at the same time, just to see. Here's what they look like after application.

Here's a list of the nails I use:
0 - Thumb
6 - Pointer
3 - Middle
5 - Ring
8 - Pinky
I have SUPER wide nail beds, so that's why I have to use the big honkin' toe nail nails. LOL.

I didn't want to have a fiasco like I had with the Zoya, so I decided to use a color I knew worked and I knew I loved. I went with OPI Oui Bit of Red. I adore this color. It's so pretty and glossy and it's one of my favorite reds, probably my favorite red shimmer. I get a little clipper happy, so my nails are shorter than I like, but all in all, I like this mani. Here's a pic:




My Cinapro order should be here today, (stupid, lyin' FedEx) so I'll probably add some add some nail art to my mani today. Hopefully, I'll also post pics of my nail art haul.

No comments:

Post a Comment