Thursday, November 11, 2010

RBL Ani

















Apologies for the crappy picture.  My index finger cuticle was being a complete PITA, so I did some creative picture-taking.  :P

Okay, I don't know what has gotten into me?  First I like Zoya Megan and now I'm liking another skin-tone neutral, RBL Ani.  Maybe my husband should start looking for the pod.  :P

For some reason, Ani was one of the 3 RBLs I was lemming the most when the sale rolled around.  Ani is a warm pearlescent beige, that looks slightly darker in the bottle than it does on the nail.  I was a little nervous when I pulled it out of the box, but on the nail, I liked it much, much more.  This is one coat of Ani, and it's still a bit sheer.  It covers the nail nicely, but you can still see nail lines.  This isn't something that bothers me with Ani, because the goal all along in purchasing it was to get a sheer-ish neutral.  And in that regard, Ani is a success.  If you are someone that can't stand the look of sheers and nail lines, and applies many coats of Ani to reach opacity, you may be disappointed, as due the heavily pearlescent finish, Ani can look very frosty past one coat.  That said, I really like this worn slightly sheer.  I don't love it, but I do like it.

I know in the past, Ji has mentioned on FB that Ani was being discontinued, and in fact, Ani was one of the polishes included in the "clearance" sale earlier in the year.  However, I get the feeling that it's being kept around for good.  Ani seems to have quite the following.

Ani is available at rescuebeauty.com for $18.  You can also find it at Beauty Sak.  It's the same price as on Rescue Beauty Lounge's website, but Beauty Sak offers free shipping at $50, rather than at $100.

No comments:

Post a Comment