Tuesday, November 16, 2010

RBL Dead Calm

















Wanna hear something funny?  I didn't purchase this in this year's RBL sale.  Nope.  I got Dead Calm in last year's sale.  You know... the one where I bought TEN (again, with the "I hate moderation" thing).  Why am I telling you this?  So you can call me stupid for keeping this in my untrieds for a year.  :O  LOL.

Now, I know the finish on this polish in the picture isn't the best.  RBLs and I sometimes don't play nice.  I think it's a body chemistry issue as I know just about everyone else and their mom has no problems w/ RBL's formula.  I usually have bubbles even before I add a TC.  Plus, my bottle of SH Insta-Dri is a thick mess, so I had to use Out the Door, which doesn't really get along with RBL, either.  Although, with my Qtica drops, I strong-armed it into dryness in about 5 minutes.  Love those drops.  :)  Aaaaand to add to the issues, when I took it off last night (I did some nail art on it that got old quickly) it gave me horrid Smurf hands.  Seriously.  It looked like I'd just killed one.

However, I can look past all of the yucky stuff because the color is so amazing.  It's a beautiful, almost jelly-ish, navy blue creme, meaning it has the squishy-ness of a jelly, but the color is completely opaque.  Also, it's a one-coater.  Woohoo!  Also, outside of the issues I have with my specific nails, application was great.  It practically flows on the nail.  That said, in terms of "awesome-formula" polishes, I think I prefer Illamasqua simply because I don't have the issues I can have with RBL.  Doesn't stop me from buying them though.  :P

RBL is available at rescuebeauty.com and also at online boutiques like Beauty Sak.  They are $18 each.

No comments:

Post a Comment