Friday, August 28, 2009

KOTD: CC Sexsea w/ ChG Adore

No sooner had I posted about my Plum Pudding/Got to be Real konad/french, that it had to come off. My right pinky nail had started to lift, but it finally popped off. These Kiss Tips are pretty resilient during one, possible two polish changes, but it's the glue that gives out. So, proceeded to take the rest of them off and put on a new set during nap time. Yay! Naptime. :P

I was stumped on color. No matter how many polishes I seem to acquire, I just look in my stash drawers and see nothing I want. So I just grabbed one of my untrieds and didn't think twice. I used Color Club Sexsea. Here's a pic of it alone:


Sexsea is from Color Club's 2008 Yacht Club Collection, which, IMO, is an amazing collection. I only have 2 others, being Coastal Creme and Naughtycal Navy, but I'd like to get Overboard (fuchsia) as well. CC's promotional info for this color describes it as an orange creme, but aside from having a slight orange cast to it, it is definitely a true red, perhaps a true tomato red. There's no blue in it at all, but it'd definitely not orange, or even what I would describe as an orange-red. When I purchased this one, I thought it was going to be a coral-red, what I hoped OPI Lunch at the Delhi was going to be. No dice. It's red, and while I didn't like it at first, considering it wasn't what I wanted, it grew on my pretty quickly. It's a perfect tomato red creme. And unlike other reds with slight orange undertones, like OPI's Thrill of Brazil, it actually looks good with my crazy pink skin. You can still pick this one up at e-tailers. I got mine at VNS. This was 2 coats and I had no application issues, other than the formula being a tad thick.

I liked it on my nails, but I can't leave well enough alone, so I added a konad design. This is ChG Adore (yeah, you guessed it... a Romantique). It's a turquoise blue metallic and like all Romantiques, was made for da konad. I used plate m20. Here are a couple pics of the finished product.





I apologize for the polish on my ring and pinky finger cuticles, but I had to remove the polish on those fingers and start over, and unfortunately, my fingers got stained.
I chose Adore because I didn't want to go with the standard white or black with a red creme. I didn't know if it would work, but after all was said and done, while it was different, I really liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment