Saturday, October 10, 2009

A quick bit of good news...

the place I told you all about a couple of days ago asked me to come in for an interview. Right now, I'm not really nervous because I feel like I have nothing to lose, but I'm sure come Monday, I'll be ready to puke. :S

I haven't looked for a job since 2003, and I haven't started a new job since 1999 (I briefly looked for something else after I graduated while still at my former employer). I think part of me has a little trepidation at the thought of getting a new job. Frankly, I enjoy not working. I like not having to answer to someone. I like not being under deadlines. However, I do miss having a sense of accomplishment and, ultimately, a paycheck, so in that regard, I'm kind of hoping I'm the right fit.

Tomorrow, I have to go to the mall and get 1-2 outfits to interview in. I haven't been employed since 2007 and unfortunately, the 20 lbs I've gained make any old clothes I may have had, impossible to wear. :( Plus, my old office was pretty casual, and since I don't wear dressy clothes to church as I'm always in a choir robe, my interview choices are kind of slim pickins'. We don't really have the money for new clothes, but I suppose you have to spend money to make money. Thank goodness, for credit cards and a 30% coupon at Lane Bryant.

Also, I do have one problem that I'd like some feedback on. I'm kind of perplexed about my np options for my interview. I've already chosen a color, and I'm wearing it now, but I hope it's not too dark. I tried a pale, neutral last night (OPI Skinny Dip'n in Lake Michigan) and it was dreadful. My skin is so pale that most light colors look like utter crap on me. I don't have many in my collection anyway, so I had to go w/ something darker. I wanted to chose something that would give me a little boost of confidence. I chose OPI Rose to the Ovation. I don't have a pic right now, but it's a rosier version of OPI I'm Not Really a Waitress. I'll take a pic later Sunday so you all can see it. Do you think this will be okay? I can change it if need be, but I think it will be okay, but then again, I've been out of the workforce for 2.5 yrs and even when I was there, my office was okay w/ anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment