Wednesday, October 21, 2009

KOTD: OPI Holiday Glow w/ ChG Delight and Emotion

I don't think I ever told you girls what my wonderful husband did last week...

As he's been unemployed, he's used this time to do a few things that he wasn't able to get to when he had a job. One of those things was cleaning out all his old geek junk from my IL's attic. We're talking a crap ton of Magic cards, RPG books, anime books/videos... you name it. And since we have no room in our house to store his geeky past, he took the stuff to sell at a used bookstore. He made $60, and then he said I could use it to buy nail polish, as he knew I wanted some more appropriate colors to wear to interviews.

So last week, I placed a TD order. Mostly with OPI Suedes, Holidays, and work safe colors. One of those I ordered was OPI Holiday Glow. I put it on last night. Here's a pic...



As you can tell, I did a konad, but more on that in a minute... As for Holiday Glow. There's a reason the initials are HG. LOL. I don't know what exactly this would be Holy Grail for, but whatever it is... this fits the bill. It's a hard color to describe, but I'll do my best. It's a deep burgundy/brown base with tons of gold, pink, and burgundy shimmer. It looks like glitter, but it's not at all bumpy. This is 2 coats, as the first one is a little thin. It also took 2 coats of TC to bring out the shine.

HG is from OPI's Holiday 2009 Wishes collection. I got 2 other colors from this collection, Merry Midnight and All A-bordeaux the Sled. Both of these look amazing as well. But at first glance, it looks like HG may be my favorite. I got mine from TD, but 8ty8 has them as well.

As for the konad, my plate collection is lacking in anything fall related. As I didn't want to do another falling leaves mani, I just chose flowers and butterflies. Zzzzzzzzzzzz, I know, but I think the colors look great over HG. I used Delight and Emotion to play up the pink and gold in the sparkle.

If you haven't tried any of the Romantiques yet, get a couple... I promise you won't be disappointed, especially if you use them for konadding. You can get them at just about every etailer and on eBay.

That's all for now. We are planning to go the beach this weekend, so you may see nothing from me until Monday. Have a good weekend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment