Monday, June 14, 2010

Essie Resort Collection

These pics are a little old, as I had tons of stuff stored on my camera before all my free time seemed to slip away from me.

I had plans to pick up this entire collection from an e-tailer, but unfortunately, all the e-tailers raised their prices on Essie just before this collection was released, so I resorted to eBay, and picked up the mini set, rather than the full collection.  I figured it was more cost effective that way, as I'd probably never use up the minis, much less a full bottle.

Like the majority of the reviews I've read on this collection, my favorite was probably the one you'd least expect, but more on that in a minute... first the swatches.  As these pics are older, I honestly don't remember many thoughts on them, so I'll just show you the pics and then try my best to recap my thoughts at the end.


Playa del Platinum

Turquoise & Caicos

Splash of Grenadine

Lapis of Luxury

So my favorite of this collection, oddly enough, was Playa del Platinum.  It's a perfect putty color.  The most disappointing was Turquoise & Caicos.  I liked Lapis of Luxury and Splash of Grenadine well enough, but found the colors to be a little commonplace, especially in the case of SoG.  IIRC, the formula of these was iffy.  I think PdP was 3 coats, as was T&C, but SoG and LoL were 2 coats.  I think the best in terms of application was actually SoG. 

I like this collection okay, but I'm not sure if I'll be picking up any Essie collections in the future.  For some reason, I'm a little put off by the fact they sold out to L'Oreal.  I'm all for companies making money, but that just seems like U2 levels of selling out, IMO. 

No comments:

Post a Comment