Sunday, June 13, 2010

NOTD: RBL 360

In anticipation of my new bottle of RBL No More War arriving sometime early this week, I decided to use one of my recently acquired RBL Surf colors, 360.














RBL's website describes this color as "...a gorgeous deep-water aqua blue polish", and I have to say that I agree.  However, it's so more than that.  It has a hazy, dirtiness to it, that just doesn't come through completely in pictures.  There is also a subtle shimmer that is mostly hidden unless you are looking for it.  I absolutely love this color.  It seems like there were a lot of teal-y blues out in recent months, but this one is totally set apart.  Although, there are a few issues with it, but they are just issues that I have with RBL in general, and not specifically with 360  While the formula is amazing, I find that RBLs are also very picky.  They do not play nice with Dermelect products, nor do they work with Out the Door TC, both of which are in my regular arsenal.  So, I have to use a sticky basecoat (I use a cheapy, Amour, from TD) and SH Insta-Dri TC, but I still sometimes have a problem with bubbling. It's not too evident in the pic above, but they are there.  That said, I deal with it because I love RBLs colors. 

BTW, in case you are wondering, here's an older pic of one of 360's companion polishes, Diddy Mow. 

Unfortunately, I don't have Bangin' to round out the collection (lately, I've become totally OCD about making sure I have complete collections, especially if they are small), but , if available, I do plan on picking that one up if Ji offers her 1/2 off sale again this November (she's said in the past on FB that it will be an annual sale on Black Friday).

No comments:

Post a Comment