Monday, June 21, 2010

Jessica Alba wears ChG Sacred Heart on the cover of Genlux Magazine


I just received this press release from China Glaze:























JESSICA ALBA WEARS CHINA GLAZE SCARED HEART FOR PHOTOSHOOT
Marsha Bialo Works Her Manicurist Magic For Genlux Magazine

(Los Angeles, CA) – June 2010: Celebrity manicurist Marsha Bialo recently gave the gorgeous Jessica Alba a manicure with China Glaze Sacred Heart for the cover of the summer 2010 issue of Genlux Magazine. The neon red polish which launched in 2008 as part of the Ink Collection, complimented Jessica’s olive skin tone perfectly!

Marsha and the stylist were working hard trying to find the perfect color that would represent a good transition of summer nail trends into fall. They finally agreed that China Glaze Scared Heart would be an excellent choice because of its neon base combined with the richness of red. Not one to give so quickly on the importance of a well-done manicure, Marsha was also campaigning for Jessica’s hands to be shown in the shot and succeeded! Not only are her hands prominently displayed though out the editorial, but they even made the front cover. Poised with her hands and fingers grazing her collar bone, the photo chosen for the cover came out absolutely perfect. A China Glaze beauty shot indeed!

--

Now, normally, I'm not one to give a hoot about what celeb is wearing what NP on which red carpet.  I love looking at their great or hideous fashion choices, but as for nails, it rarely registers with me.  Two notable exceptions... Katy Perry's neon yellow nails at the recent MTV VMAs and Kate Winslet's white nails at last year's Academy Awards.  Same goes for fashion mags... it doesn't really register (though I did love Samantha's nails in SATC2... the best thing about the movie.  LOL). 

However, when I got this press release regarding Jessica Alba's photo shoot for Genlux magazine, it made me take notice.  As I was reading the copy, I saw where her nails in the cover shot (and in the entire spread) were ChG Sacred Heart, which is a polish I've long had in my untrieds and never felt like swatching it or wearing it.  It just bored me in the bottle.  As I was swatching a few other colors tonight, I figured I'd go on and include Sacred Heart into the mix.


This is 3 coats of Sacred Heart.  Maybe it's all the True Blood and Twilight stuff going right now, but the first thing that popped in my head, was blood red.  In the bottle, it's a boring, flat red, but on the nail, it's a gorgeous color and is a perfect summer red.  It was a little troublesome in the application, as it was a bit streaky and hard to get uniform (you'll notice my middle finger is much darker than my other 3 fingers), but I suspect those problems would be minimized with a good basecoat.  Also, unlike Jessica Alba, I do not have olive skin.  My skin is very pale and pink based and I think this looked just a good with my skintone, so it's a very wearable red.

Sacred Heart is in ChG's regular line up and can be found at e-tailers and at Sally Beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment