Sunday, August 8, 2010

NOTD: BB Couture for Nails Dragon's Breath















I've reviewed this one before, but as that was when I first started my blog, was using glue-ons, and had no idea what I was doing, I figured I'd post it again.  My daughter requested a purple on my nails, and I was happy to oblige, and this one just happened to be the first one I grabbed from the purple drawer.  I hesitated using it because with 400+ nps, I don't like to review stuff twice, but like I said, I'd been over a year, so I think it's okay.  Plus, this time around, I can actually do the color some justice.  This is a beautiful, red-based, wine-y purple that is loaded with silver, blue, and pink fine glitter.  Like with my last review, I had to use 3 coats to hide all the thin spots, and to reach the true color.  I also used 2 coats of TC to make it smooth.  (EDIT: after several hours, I had to apply a third coat of TC as it was looking a bit dull and muddy).  I love this color and I have no idea why I waited a year to use it again.  LOL.

Also, though I don't own all that many, BB Couture is one of my favorite nail polish brands.  They are a small boutique brand that actually knows how to be a boutique brand (looking at you Ginger + Liz).  They have a rather extensive line, and unlike a lot of other, smaller brands, theirs is full of colors that us nail polish addicts can appreciate.  Seriously, they have something like 20 greens.  Yay!  Also, they seem to be right on the pulse of what's happening in the world of nail polish.  Plus, the customer service, through both them and their retailer, Overall Beauty, is top notch.  Once, I had an issue with a bottle of Fairy Blood (the neck was chipped) and though I certainly didn't expect it, they sent me a new bottle.  So, if you haven't tried BB Couture for Nails, I encourage you to try them.  They are in the $9-10 a bottle range and you can get them from both their website and from Overall Beauty.  Also, you can follow Overall Beauty on Facebook or Twitter and be the first to know of sales and specials.

No comments:

Post a Comment