Tuesday, September 7, 2010

OPI Swiss Collection Pt. 1 (Shimmers)

Okay, I hate breaking up collections, because personally I want to see them all in one place and I don't want to go hunting and and pecking to see all of the colors.  :P  However, due to my schedule of late, I, unfortunately, only have the time to swatch in small bursts.  This morning, I managed to swatch the shimmer side of the OPI Swiss collection, and I figured I'd go on and post it while I had a few minutes.  Hopefully, I will have the cremes swatched and posted within the next few days.

Glitzerland - Soft, muted gold metallic.  You may remember that I am on a continual quest to find the perfect gold nail polish.  Most, I find, are either too bright, too flashy, or to clashy with my pale pink skin.  I always that that the Ulta-exclusive OPI Dazzled by Gold would have been perfect, but as I live in the land that Ulta forgot and didn't want to shell out crazy-jacked-up-scalper prices on eBay, I never was able to get it.  Now, I don't know how Glitzerland compares with Dazzled by Gold, but I do know that Glitzerland has killed my lemmings for Dazzled by Gold.  Unlike most other gold nail polishes I've tried, Glitzerland doesn't make my nails look like Solid Gold Dancers (LOL).  Sure, it's a gold metallic, so it definitely gets your attention... it just doesn't smack you upside the head.  It's a very pretty, wearable gold, and if you have been searching long and hard for one as well, this one may be a good fit.  I know some of you may wonder how Glitzerland compares to ChG Swing Baby (from the Fall Vintage Vixen collection) and they are both gold metallics, but that is where the similarities end.  Swing Baby is more taupey than Glitzerland and seems to be a bit more muted.  Hopefully, within the next few days, I will be able to do a comp pic for you all.  This is 3 coats, as the formula is a tad on the thin side.  However, there were no issues with application.


Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous - Gunmetal grey shimmer metallic.  The second of the 2 metallics in this collection and the finish is almost identical to Glitzerland.  However, Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous (LLM) is nowhere near as muted as Glitzerland.  It's a gorgeous gunmetal shimmer.  It looks like it may be similar to ChG Jitterbug, but I want to say that Jitterbug is a bit darker than LLM (I hope to do comp soon).  Like Glitzerland, the formula is a bit thin, but it was no problem to work with.  Pic is 3 coats.


The Color to Watch - Pale grey-purple frost with pink and blue shimmer.  Okay, so the "frost" description might immediately be turning you away, but fear not... this is not your grandma's frost.  Yes, there are brushstrokes, but I don't think they detract from the polish.  It's a pretty blue/grey/lavender hybrid base with tons of blue and pink micro-shimmer.  It reminds me of OPI Give Me the Moon, though not as opalescent.  I wouldn't necessarily think of this as a fall color, but I think this would look beautiful with a silver snowflake Konad in the winter (*writes down idea*).  Pic is 3 coats and the formula was a tad on the thin side.


Diva of Geneva - Purple-based red shimmer. This color is one of the colors in this collection that I was the least excited about. In pics I’ve seen, it looked like a pink-based red shimmer, along the lines of OPI I'm Not Really a Waitress. However, pics, including mine, just do not do this polish justice. It’s a purple-based red, which isn't unique, I realize.  Yet, there is something so unique about Diva of Geneva.  First off, it has a faint purple/red duochrome effect.  The duochome does lessen with additional coats, but it’s definitely there. Also, there is a golden-cast to this polish which gives it a metallic cast.  I love this color and it's probably my second favorite among the shimmers.  Pic is 3 coats, but 2 would have been fine, I just wanted to see how deep I could make the color. Formula was perfect.


Cuckoo for this Color - Evergreen shimmer that leans slightly blue.  The shimmer in this one is blue and green.  This is a pretty color, but it does remind me more-than-slightly of ChG Emerald Fitzgerald (adding it to the comp list as well).  This one would look beautiful around Christmas.  It was a little bit brushstrokey, but that's due to the slightly frosty finish.  Pic is 2 coats and I had no problems with the formula or application.


FYI, I took several of this one and most of them turned out bright blue, for whatever reason, this one was darker and while my skin looks weird, the color is actually spot-on.

Yodel Me on My Cell - Deep marine blue shimmer. I bet you all can guess that this is my favorite of the shimmers, because as we all know... in my world, blue shimmer = LOVE.  This is a gorgeous marine/turquoise blue.  It does have the same faint brushstrokeyness as CFTC, but it wasn't bothersome. Like The Color to Watch, this one didn't exactly scream fall to me, but as the color is absolutely gorgeous and right up my alley, there will be no complaining from me. Pic is 2 coats and formula was perfect.

All in all, I really like this part of the collection.  YMoMC and Diva of Geneva alone are worth the price of admission, but the rest of the colors, while perhaps slightly dupey, are beautiful as well.  I hope to do a comp post soon, as well as post the creme side of this collection. 

As an aside, I also hope to get the rest of the CC Untamed Luxury collection out to you within the next few days as well.  Also, I know I missed Fridays Round-Up, and I plan on combining any requests made for last week's round-up into the one for this Friday.  If you'd like to be included in the round-up, please email me or reply to this post.  I apologize missing last week's round-up, to anyone that had requested to be in it... time just got away from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment