Thursday, September 23, 2010

Update on the RBL 50% off sale

A few months ago, Ji mentioned that they were considering having the sale around Thanksgiving.  Based on her post today, I'm guessing that's still the case, though she didn't give an exact date.  Other key points:

- The Tudor polishes are not included.  You can probably order them at the same time to save on shipping, but Ji was quick to mention that they may not be around (because of this, I am getting the two I wanted, Catherine H and Jane, today).
- Free shipping is not valid during the 50% off sale. 
- Processing will be 10-15 days.

So, we've got about 2 months before the sale, so start making your lists.  I hauled like crazy last year, so my list will probably only be 4-5 polishes this year.  I know Bangin' and Ani are on there.

Also, all of the above points seem perfectly fine to me, though Ji did mention that she was getting "hate mail" regarding last year's sale.  I don't know if that is the reason or not, but she also said this will probably be the last sale (though this hasn't been written in stone).  Honestly, I can't imagine why someone would send nasty emails regarding the RBL sale.  Thing is, RBL is a small boutique brand.  Yes, the are expensive, but she doesn't have to offer any sale.  She can just say... "forget you, they are 18 bucks, like or leave it".  But she doesn't.  I'm sure there are benefits to her sales on her end as well, but judging from the sell-outs on preorders, she probably doesn't need to offer them to make ends meet, if you KWIM. 

I know it seems like I'm getting on my soapbox here, and it's just me venting because Ji doesn't know me from Adam.  I don't have any sort of relationship with her, other than I'm a fan of her polish and more appropriately, I'm a fan of her service.  Of all the brands that use social media sites to help promote their products, RBL (and Ji) is probably the most approachable.  Sure, Zoya, OPI, and now Orly have reps on Twitter and FB promoting their brands on a daily basis, but there's something about the owner of the brand personally representing the brand and addressing your problems and concerns. 

Plus, in a day where Orly and Essie are making etailers jack up their prices and OPI is suing etailers, it's refreshing to see a brand that is offering something to their customers.  I get that even at half price, these are not the most affordable polishes, but that's still not a reason to be nasty. 

Okay, I'm done.  LOL.  

No comments:

Post a Comment