Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Color Club Edie

A few weeks ago, I received this press release from Color Club regarding Victoria Justice wearing Edie at her Body by Milk shoot...


Victoria Justice and Color Club’s Edie!

Victoria Justice wears Color Club shade Edie in October Body By Milk campaign!
Check it out! http://www.bodybymilk.com/quince click on Victoria & Stylists video then click on Gorgeous Nails to view!

Color Club Professional Nail Lacquers are ‘All about Color’! Our professional formula is the 3 FREE: DBP, formaldehyde and toluene FREE plus chip resistant, long-wearing and high-gloss with great coverage and always in demand! 























images provided by Color Club's PR
--

My first thought was "who is Victoria Justice?" (a quick Wikipedia search informed me she was a Nickelodeon star), but my second thought was "that color looks interesting".  I was already planning a haul from TD, so on a whim, I added it to the order and I was more-than-pleasantly surprised...













I love this color.  In a collection of over 500 polishes, this one is definitely unique.  Yes, it's a more-green-than-blue neon turquoise, along the lines of say China Glaze Turned Up Turquoise, but there is an inherent minty-ness to Edie that makes it stand out.  I'm not talking about pale mint here, I'm talking about the kind of mint brought to mind when one thinks about spearmint gum, or wintergreen lifesavers.  I swear, just by looking at this color, I get that cool, refreshing, tingly, minty sensation in my nose.  As it's a neon, it does dry a bit matte, but all that is fixed (if one so desires) with a coat of TC.  Pic is 2 coats.

Edie is available wherever Color Club products are sold.  I got mine at TD, but you can also find them at H2T and VNS.  They are almost always under $3 when purchased from e-tailers.

No comments:

Post a Comment