Friday, January 21, 2011

New Tattoo

Last Saturday, I got a tattoo.  I've been tweeting about this for days, so I figured I'd go on and post it on the blog.  Anyway, it here it is...


















It's mostly healed, with just a little bit of the skin still recovering (in the Aries symbol).  It's about 3"x2" an on my left wrist.  It's my very first one, and I don't know if I see myself getting more.  The pain was un-(excuse me)-fucking-real.  Seriously.  I knew it would hurt and I'd heard it being compared to a "bee sting", but that was one big ass bee that just sat on my wrist.  :/  LOL.  

I got it for a simple reason... to be a reminder of the promises I made to myself at the beginning of the year.  It's to remind myself that I need to change.  Hence the butterfly wings.  Plus, I'm a hot-headed, impulsive, bitchy Aries, so I thought it was perfect.  :)

At first, I hated it.  I noticed every little imperfection and I was so afraid that I'd made a bad decision, because it was larger than I wanted and quite frankly, felt like I'd put my arm in a blender.  Now at a week out, I must say that I love it.  :)

As for those promises?  As of yesterday morning, I'd lost 12 lbs!  Still a LONG way to go, but it's a start. 

No comments:

Post a Comment