Friday, July 24, 2009

I got a few things in the mail yesterday...

and I thought I'd show y'all what I got, as I'm still wearing the PVO konad from the other day.



I got 3 new plates from wowsocool.com. The fruit plate, the girl plate, and the heart/bow plate (m55, m71, m59 respectively). I can't wait to try them. I'm thinking about a full nail design using Orly Enchanted Forest and ChG Awaken. We'll have to see if I'll still be the mood for that when the time comes. LOL. I'm fickle. :P

I also got 3 new mattes. OPI RN matte, OPI La Paz matte, and Zoya Posh. I know in the past I was all "buh?" with the mattes, but they are intruiging to me. La Paz and Posh look more satiny than chalkboard matte. As for RN, as much as I don't like the original (I'm beginning to think I got a bum bottle), the swatches of RN-M look amazing. I'm also curious to konad with these 3. I also have a couple of Maybelline mattes that I kind of forgot about until after I'd bought these. Also, I know my experience w/ Zoya has been iffy, but there's something about Posh that is so appealing to me. It's odd how a certain polish will remind you of the smallest thing. Posh reminds me of a trip we took when I was 10 to Biltmore in Asheville, NC. You know why? The chairs. Many of the antique chairs in Biltmore were upholstered in red velvet the exact color as Posh. It takes me back to one of the happiest memories of my childhood. Silly, huh? :)

And speaking of childhood... bonus pic. My son, Blake, was on the counter, even though he knows it's a no-no, and rather than get all mommy on him, I just started snapping pics. His twin sister was running around in the living room, so no pic of her. He was looking in the camera saying "cheee, cheee". <3


No comments:

Post a Comment