Tuesday, July 28, 2009

NOTD: OPI Lourve Me, Lourve Me Not with Love My Nails Diva



Lourve Me, Lourve Me Not is from OPI's fall 2008 France collection. I think it's one of 5 or so that I have from this collection. I thought I had tried it before, but then I realized I was confusing the name with Yes, I Can-Can, though the colors aren't all that similar. It's a medium grape purple shimmer. In the bottle, it's a beautiful color, but, IMO, it didn't translate well to the nail. I used 2 coats, and there were still a couple bald spots. It could have used a third coat, but I didn't realize the spots were there until I'd already applied my TC. On the nail, it was more like an eggplant tone, except for in bright light. Only then could you see the grapey-ness. The shimmer was not noticeable, either. It was a pretty color, but because bottle color didn't translate directly to nail color, I was a bit disappointed. I didn't take a picture of this color by itself, because my battery was dead. I did swatch it on a tip, though.



So, I had plans of doing another konad, but then I decided I didn't want to deal with the hassle, so I saw Love My Nails Diva glitter, that I'd picked up at Walmart a week or so ago. The glitter itself is similar to the color of the glitter in Zoya Roxy, though perhaps a bit more magenta. There is also short blue bar glitter. It looks perfect over LMLMN. I really love this. I took pics the best I could, but glitters are impossible to get true-to-life, for me. BTW, this was 3 coats of TC.







If you are interested, LMLMN is still available at e-tailers and probably in stores, I don't think it's been d/c'd. Diva is available where they sell Love My Nails, but I've only seen them at Walmart. The best part? It's 99 cents! You can view the colors at http://www.baricosmetics.com/. You can actually order from Bari, but you have to call them as they do not have online ordering capabilities.

EDITED to reflect the fact that I'm an idiot and thought the brand name was "Luv..." rather than "Love...", no matter that the bottle was right under my title.

No comments:

Post a Comment