Sunday, July 26, 2009

KOTD: ChG Pink-Rox-E/ ChG Passion


I apologize for the pics not being 100% clear, but this mani was problematic for my camera. This was the best I could do. I took about 20 pics. Also, I'm having issues with the formatting of this post. No matter how many spaces I put between the below text, it still smooshes together. I suspect it has something to do with posting the pics and user error. Hope you can still read it okay.

Looks like my streak of being in swoony love with my manis has come to an end. :( It's not that I don't like this mani, I do, in an "it's okay" kind of way. It's definitely not a favorite. I miss my PVO/Emotion Konad. :'( LOL.
Pink Rox-E is from ChG's Surf Collection that came out Summer 2007. The polishes have been d/c'd, but you can still find them on eBay, and perhaps e-tailers (I only checked TD and they didn't have it when I was looking. H2T, 8ty8, or VNS may still have it). I got this because I was in love with ChG's glass flecked shimmers, but unfortunately, I don't think this one works for me. I'd read that Pink-Rox-E was a perfect pink for warm girls and I'm more cool, but since the color itself looked almost identical to my HG medium pink, OPI EPP, I gave it a shot. It's a warm creamy pink with golden glass flecked shimmer. IRL, it is darker than in the picture. It reminds me of Strawberry Fields, in the sense that they the glass fleck in each of these is gold. It must be the golden shimmer that clashes with my skin. Strawberry Fields didn't really work w/ me either.
Once I picked PRE, I knew Passion would be the perfect konad. It seems I can't do any mani with out a konad now. It's from the Romantique collection, just like all my konad designs of late. It's a pretty muted gold. It worked perfectly with the konad system and is a great compliment to the gold glass flecked shimmer in PRE. Even though I don't really like PRE with my skintone, I do like the overall look with the konad. I think it looks like lace, and for some reason it reminds me of my grandmother. I think it's because she used to have some pajamas that were this exact color of pink and were trimmed with gold and pink lace. She used to let me wear them when I'd spend the night. Again, if it worked with my skintone, I'd really love it.
The plate is m71, for anyone who is wondering. It's one of the new ones I got from wowsocool.com. I specifically got it for this particular design, but the others on the plate are very nice as well. This is the first time I used a full nail design. Looks like there's a bit of a learning curve with the full nail designs, even if you know how to use the other plates. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment