Sunday, July 19, 2009

Konadding is addictive! And other randomness

As my camera is dead and I can't show you my new mani, I figured I'd just post about the addictiveness of Konad. Gone are the days where I could just slap on 2-3 coats of polish and be done with it. Oh no. Now I have to make sure every mani has a konad design. I'm no longer satisfied with plain nails. I have to be all decked out. Once I had (mostly) mastered the technique, I wanted to konad every time and all the time. It's a sickness.


There are still things I need to improve upon, like design placement, but I just love thinking about my next "konad kreation". cringe Trust me, that was so painful to type, but I just had to do it. LOL. I love konadding so much that I bought an entire collection of polishes, ChG Romantique, with the express purpose to konad w/ them. Now that I have them and I see just how pretty they are, I do plan on using them as base colors as well, but they are fab for konadding. I have yet to have a problem with getting one of the Romantique colors to behave with the konad system. I used ChG Awaken to konad over Maybelline Twinkle Twinkle and it is so, so pretty. I do plan on sticking my camera battery in the charger right after I finish this post, so I can be sure to show it off.

Speaking of konad, I keep reading about people konadding over the new mattes that are all the rage, and while I like the idea of it, I also don't know how it would work. I can't imagine a konad without a topcoat. Wouldn't the design peel off? In the sake of research, I ordered 3 mattes from another favorite eBay seller, maiaandjays. I got OPI La Paz-itively Hot Matte, Russian Navy Matte and Zoya Posh. Of all the mattes I've seen, these were the 3 that appealed to me the most. I admit that up until all these matte collections broke, the thought of flat, matte, shineless nails just didn't ring my bell at all. But after seeing swatches, Posh and La Paz look almost satin rather than matte and, well, RN Matte? It just looks damn cool.

Above, I mentioned Maybelline Twinkle, Twinkle and I would be remiss if I didn't, in this mess of randomness, give it a little shout out. As it's totally rockin', I promise to take pictures and I will have them up Monday. If you are like me and Essie Starry, Starry Night is your #1, saw off a limb, slap yo mama, give up chocolate, lemming, then Twinkle Twinkle, while not perfectly dupey is a very, very good substitute. Given that I don't own SSN, I can't compare first hand, but from what I gather, SSN is silver glitter in a jelly base. TT is silver glitter in a deep, though true, navy creme base. The cool thing about SSN is the fact that the glitter seems to be layered and I was worried that this would not be the case with TT. All my worrying was for naught, it seems, as my nails do look like little night skies. Fair warning, this polish does suck up the topcoat, so I'm wearing 2 coats now and I will probably apply a third tomorrow. It doesn't totally kill my lemming for SSN, but it certainly maims it. :P Unfortunately, TT itself is also HTF, but not impossible. It's d/c'd, but I got mine at the Dollar Tree. I knew it was a close dupe for SSN and HTF in it's own right, so once I saw it at the DT, I snatched it up. I think I also looked around to make sure no one was encroaching on my territory. Like a psycho, np obsessed, mama lion, I was. ;)

Well, I think that's all the ramblin' for now. Tomorrow, I will have pics of TT. Scout's honor.

No comments:

Post a Comment