Thursday, July 8, 2010

KOTD: Zoya Mimi w/ Konad White Special Polish

This konad uses 3 coats of Zoya Mimi as a base.  I was a little wary of using 3 coats of a Zoya polish simply because, most of the time, Zoya doesn't play nice with me after 2 coats.  But I had no issues.  I don't know if that's my TC (Rush) or the polish itself, however.  Honestly, when I saw Mimi when various nail bloggers reviewed the Sparkle collection, I wasn't wowed by it.  Just about everyone that reviewed it oooh'd and ahhh'd, but it just didn't do anything for me in pics.  I decided to pick this up (along with Nidhi) on a whim during the Zoya exchange.  Afterall, I already had Charla and Ivanka from the same collection, but I wasn't expecting mych from Mimi.  Well, holy smokes, was I pleasantly surprised when I put it on.  So much so, that I'm planning on picking up Gilda and Alegra (the 2 from this collection that I don't own).  I know everyone claims that Charla is the standout in the collection, and well, it kinda is... but Mimi comes in close behind her (yep... I actually like Mimi a bit more than Ivanka *gasp*).  Mimi is a medium toned byzantine purple shimmer that has the same glass-flecked, foil finish as Charla, and the same golden shimmer, but unfortunately, it just doesn't translate well onto computer screens.  This one defintely is a "try it to really like it" polish.  If you are a purple lover you will love it.  Or, if you are like me, a former purple that has become a bit disenchanted with the color, definitely give this one a try.  It might having you falling back in love with all your purples. 

I then applied a konad design over it using Konad Special Polish in White as the stamp color.  I don't know the plate number off the top of my head, and I'm too lazy to go hunt it out right now, but if anyone is interested, I can check it out in the morning. 

Zoya Mimi is part of the recent Sparkle collection as is available at Zoya.com and at various etailers and on eBay.

No comments:

Post a Comment