Monday, September 14, 2009

Bad News

As you may know, I'm a SAHM. Thus, my husband is our only source of income. I realize that given the times, me telling you all that he got laid off today shouldn't come as a huge shock, but considering his employer kept telling him that there were no worries, it definitely was blow. He's devastated (it was his first real job after college), and I'm worried sick about what to do now. I haven't had a job in 2 years and I was my previous employer since 1999, so job hunting is a little daunting to me. He's a test engineer, so finding something in his field is going to be difficult. I keep hoping we are going to wake up and this is going to be a horrible nightmare, but no dice. I had to send my daughter to stay w/ my sister for the rest of the day, and she'll probably go over there after preschool tomorrow, as she is sick over the fact that mommy and daddy are upset. She didn't stop crying until my sister came and got her. :'(

So, I hate to do this, but I think I'm going to have to cancel my giveaway. Given the fact that our financial situation is grim ATM, even spending a few dollars to mail a package is definitely out of our budget. I tried to call and cancel the Philosophy order I place yesterday, but unfortunately, it was already in the process of being shipped. Not sure what I'm going to do there. So my personal money is of course, going to be nil for awhile, so no new collections for Meg. :( It's okay. I just pray this gets resolved soon. I plan on reinstating my giveaway as soon as I can justify the shipping costs. I'm also having to put the other giveaway I had planned on hold.

I hope you all understand. I appreciate you reading and following my blog over the past 8 months. I still plan on being here, and posting N/KOTDs, but that's going to be all I can do for awhile.

Thank you so much,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment