Saturday, September 26, 2009

Dear OPI Vampire State Building...

I'm so sorry for leaving you in my list of untrieds for months. When I found you on eBay for dirt cheap, I bought you just because you were HTF. I liked your name, but I figured you were "just another vampy". I had no idea of your amazingness. You're not brown, you're not red, you're just plain awesome. I'm sorry for not giving you the love and respect you so deserve. Please forgive me. I promise to use you, though not often because you are rare and expensive to replace. LOL.
Love always,
Megan

---------------------------------------------------------------------------


Now that I've got that out of the way, let me tell you about this awesome color. I have no idea why I've ignored VSB for months. I guess the reason is 2-fold. 1. I just thought it was another vampy and 2. as it was OF OPI, I thought it would be a bitch to apply (I have MUCH better luck with the PW brush). I was dead wrong on both counts.

First, this color is amazing. I have nothing like this in my collection. Like I mentioned above, it's not brown and it's not red. It's a happy marriage of the 2. It's pretty much the color of molasses bar-b-que sauce. I've seen pics on Nailgal that look a bit lighter, but my pic is 3 coats.

Secondly, this applied better than just about any OPI I have, PW brush or not. It practically jumped out of the bottle onto my nails. It dried super fast, too. It was a bit spotty with one, and even 2 coats, so I applied a third.

VSB is from OPI's 2000 Fall/Winter New York City collection. As you probably know, it's d/c'd and super hard to find. I managed to find mine on eBay for a song compared to it's going price. I paid $11 shipped while most sellers are asking $30-35 for it, and I've read it's been much higher in the past. As much as I love VSB, I have to say that it's not worth $30+. It's a gorgeous color and if you can get it in a swap or for a cheaper price, then I say pick it up. Otherwise, I've heard that Mrs. O'Leary's BBQ is a dupe (though not exact) and you can still pick it up for regular OPI prices. I don't own MO'LBBQ, however, so I can't personally attest to dupeyness, but if you search the NB for VSB dupes, MO'LBBQ is what pops up.

No comments:

Post a Comment