Monday, September 28, 2009

Two Fall KOTDs

I loathe summer. Can't stand it. I hate the sun. Hate the heat. Hate seeing half-dressed people showing their non-sandal-worthy feet. Hate. In fact, I'm pretty much Megan Grumpypants from May to October. And thought it's not yet October, it is finally fall. Yay! So I wanted to do something to celebrate it.


This first KOTD was created using my previous VSB mani. I used ChG Delight and plate m56. M56 is a french plate, but I suck at those, so I just use it for creating diagonal lines. It's easier to control that way.





Unfortunately, after I did it and it had dried, I noticed that my nails were lifing up. :( So I removed them and started fresh this morning.

For this next mani, I used OPI Midnight in Moscow as a base and ChG Passion, Emotion, and Delight as my konad colors. I used plate m20. I wasn't planning on doing a konad on this mani, but I wasn't very happy with MiM. It took 3 coats to reach full opacity and by that point, it was so saturated with color that I couldn't see any of the red sparkle, outside of full sun. So I decided to jazz it up with a konad.




I love this. This is my first time using 3 colors and I just let the leaves be free form. There's no rhyme or reason to my placement other than making sure I had a good mix of the colors on each nail.

If you are interested, MiM is from OPI's F/W 2007 Russia Collection and the ChGs are from the Romantiques collection. MiM is gorgeous in the bottle, but on the nail, it didn't live up to my expectations. However, I love it as the base for this konad.

No comments:

Post a Comment