Sunday, September 20, 2009

KOTD: OPI Taos Twist w/ ChG Delight

I'm sure you all are aware that I'm an eBay junkie. Before I started this cold-turkey no-buy, I had a wonderful, er... bad habit of clicking BIN on rare/HTF OPIs if the price wasn't bananas. Well, one night while the house was quiet and I was feeling spendy, I bought OPI Taos Twist. I've been lemming OPI Hey Vito! Is My Car Red-y, something fierce, and I just can't bring myself to spend almost $40 shipped for a damn bottle of OPI. $10...> okay, $20...? rarely, but okay. $30+...? No thanks.


Since I'm unwilling to pull the trigger on Vito, I've been trying to find other red dupey OPIs. Now, I realize OPI red cremes are like Starbucks... everywhere, but there's something about that Italian Stallion, Vito, that makes me crazy, so I've been trying to find something close and cheaper. That's what lead me to say YES to Taos Twist.


Oddly, enough, TT is much older than Vito, but it's less expensive. Go figure. It's from OPI's 1993 Fall/Winter Alpine Collection. The only remaining, non-d/c'd color from this collection is Deer Valley Spice. Everything else is gone to np heaven, including TT. I'm a sucker for d/c'd, rare, HTFs, so after reading a description of the color, I pulled the trigger. I got it for $13 shipped. As far as I know, you can only find this one either on eBay or at dusties. Here's a pic of TT by her lonesome on my nails:



TT is a true red creme. It's warmish, but it doesn't pull orange, so it looks good w/ my pale skin. The pic is 2 coats w/ one coat of TC. Also, it was a bit of a PITA to apply. It was super thin and runny and I really had to work w/ it. All in all, I liked the color, but I left my nails kind of long this go around, and that coupled with my man-ish fingers gave me tranny hooker hands, so I opted to tone the red down w/ a konad.



For this, I used ChG Delight from the Romantiques warm collection. Delight is the color of brand-new pennies. I'd never used this color before on any konad, but I've fallen in love w/ it. One day, I plan to do a full mani w/ it. It's so pretty. I also did a freehand french with Delight, just because I felt the design needed something to finish it off. Plate is m21.

I'm debating whether or not to matte this one, too. It seems like I have to matte every color on my nails at some point or another. I love it, though. It's a great way to perk up a mani w/o having to redo anything.

So w/ this post, I am caught up on my NOTDs. I have a few manis hiding on my camera that I need to show you at some point, and I hope to do it soon, but being a scatterbrained as I am, no one plan on it. 'k? :P

No comments:

Post a Comment