Tuesday, September 15, 2009

NOTD: Essie Viva La Vespa

I was in a rotten mood, given yesterday's bad news, and I was in desperate need for a little cheering up. I decided to try a recent acquisition, Essie Viva La Vespa.

I have no clue what collection Viva La Vespa is originally from, but it was rereleased, along with SSN, in late 2007. Now, it's not as rare nor as sought-after as SSN, but it's still relatively HTF. There are a few bottles on eBay, usually in the $15-20 range. However, I got mine at VNS for $5. As far as I know, they still have them. If you are interested, you'll need to email them as they don't have d/c'd Essies or OPIs listed on their website.

Here's a pic:




Isn't this the most gorgeous color of purple you've ever seen? I know it's been compared to Essie Sexy Divide, but IMO, while SD is a beautiful color, but it's no VLV. If you are lemming VLV and can't find it, SD will do in a pinch, but if you can get your hands on VLV, it's totally worth it. It's a deep, rich, grape-y purple (that leans slightly blue) with fine magenta/red shimmer. There's no black in this. Thus, it's a beautiful deep color, but not what I would consider vampy.

I did have a few application issues w/ this, but nothing that wasn't easily handled. The formula was thin and it was streaky on the first coat. I had to do 3 coats on my left hand, but only 2 on the right.

I plan on taking comparison pics between this and SD, but I've been so flakey lately, I may not get around to it. I'll try, though. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment