Thursday, November 19, 2009

Quick Personal Update

I know I've been a posting fool tonight, but I've finally had a chance to sit down, clean off my camera, and write.  I have at least 1, possibly 2 more posts to do before I've wrapped it up, but those will wait until tomorrow (Friday).

Also, I wanted to give you all an update on what's going on with our job situation.  I didn't get the job with the law firm.  I found out last week, and let me tell you, I was pretty disappointed.  I can't cry in front of my daughter because it makes her super upset, so I found myself outside crying in the rain.  It was quite a sight, I'm sure.  I was so sure I had it, that when I got the email telling me they'd gone with someone else, it almost felt like I'd just been dumped.  It took me a couple of days to shake it.

After that happened, my husband decided he wanted to stay in his previous field of airport security and find a job with the TSA or a contractor.  That means, of course, that he's going to have to live out of town for awhile.  We aren't sure if the plan is for us to move during the summer or he's going to try and parlay it into something else.  At any rate, I'll be playing single mom at least for 6 months.  He has some friends at the TSA, so he's pretty sure of getting a job there, and I'm glad to have some sort of plan, but I'm really not looking forward to being alone.

I'll post more when I know more, as it'll probably be after the holidays before he knows anything concrete, but I figured I'd update you guys just in case anyone was curious.

No comments:

Post a Comment