Saturday, November 21, 2009

Sinful Colors Let's Talk

Admittedly, I'm a bit of a NP snob.  I'll buy just about any brand that comes from an online etailer or Sally's, but when it comes to drugstore polishes, I kind of ignore them.  I own a few drugstore brand polishes, but for the most part, I tend to gravitate towards "salon" brands. 

So imagine my surprise when I found the perfect purple at Walgreen's.  For a buck, no less.  I was in dire need of a NP fix and Sinfuls happened to be B1G1F, so I figured I'd take a look.  I own a few Sinful glitters and I like them, so I looked at more of the Sinful line.  I found a few I really liked, then I found Let's Talk.  Holy Smokes.  Even in the bottle it was glowy and beautiful.  I couldn't wait to get it on my nails. 

It reminds me of OPI Kinky In Helsinki in that it seems to glow.  I took pictures, but this was the hardest polish to photograph.  Seriously.  I could not get a true representation of the color, so I'll save my pics until the end of this post.  IRL, it's a medium, royal purple shimmer.  It has an almost electric quality to it.  I think the closest polish in my collection would have to be Essie Viva La Vespa, and it's no where near a match. 

As for application, the formula was awesome.  Easy application and opaque in 2 coats.  In fact, it was mostly opaque at one coat, so all I had to do on the second coat was touch up the bald spots.  It did take a little longer to dry than I'm used to, so I had a couple smudges that were easily fixed with Orly Smudge Fixer. 

Okay, I'm sure you want pics, so I'll post them, but let me warn you that they are no where near a true representation of the color.  The cell phone pic (the last one) is the closest (in that it's actually purple and not blue), but it's much brighter IRL, and you can't see the polish's glow.







Again, I apologize for the inaccurate pictures.  It was just impossible to capture.  It is a gorgeous polish, though.  You'll just have to trust me.  LOL.  I'm a huge purple lover and I think this one just surpassed VLV as my favorite purple.  Just goes to show (me especially) that some of the best polishes can be found in drugstores. 

Sinfuls are available at their own website, Cherry Culture, at Target stores, and at Walgreen's stores.  However, I've only seen this color (#929) at Walgreen's.  A quick Google search found it at A Beautiful Secret, but the price is a little inflated at $3.99.  Sinfuls are usually $1.99 and through the end of the day, they are B1G1F.

No comments:

Post a Comment