Saturday, November 7, 2009

Finally Back

Hey all,

Again, I'm sorry for not updating regularly. I hate to keep mentioning it, as it probably doesn't even bother the majority of you, but going weeks between posts is a big pet peeve of mine, and I'm driving myself bananas by not posting. LOL.

I don't know why, but whenever I go on vacation, no matter how long or short, it always takes me weeks to get back in the swing of things. I still haven't fully unpacked and put away the suitcases, and I finally got all my stuff (camera cord, mouse) out of my computer bag. So now I can back back to the bidnez of blogging. Thank goodness. I've missed it.

I have done several manis over the past 2 weeks, but there's been nothing I was incredibly proud of, and since my camera's been hiding, I only have a couple of pics, and they suck, so no posting.

I have a new mani, and I'll post it in a separate post to follow, but I do want to mention this quickly as I'm talking about what I did during my hiatus... OPI Suedes rock the house.

I have 3 true matte polishes, well 5 if you count the 2 I found at the DT back earlier in the year. I have 2 OPIs and 1 Zoya, and then the 2 Maybellines. Oops. I forgot about an Orly I just bought. So, 6 mattes. None of which I've actually tried. However, in my TD order from a few weeks ago (that my husband was so great to get for me), I got 3 OPI Suedes, YDKJ, Russian Navy, and We'll Always Have Paris.

Holy smokes... they are fab. I'm not a huge fan of the original RN, and though I have the matte, like I mentioned earlier, I've never tried it. But... the suede is amazing. I like them with a top coat, but they are really great if you need a quick mani. The polish itself takes minutes to dry and if you slap on a quick dry top coat (I use Out the Door or Beauty Secrets Top Coat), you can have a mani done in 5-10 minutes. They are one-coaters, too. No pics, unfortunately, but there are plenty out there. I'll try to take a few when I take off my current mani.

And before I close out this post, quick update on the job situation... nothing yet. I'm still waiting to hear from the law firm, so I just want to ask you all, if you could please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. This is really doing a number on me. I have an appointment on Wednesday with a non-profit, low cost clinic (as we lost our insurance), and I'm going to talk to the. about anti-deps because I can't seem to get out of my funk. I have a history of clinical depression, and I'd felt it creeping back before all this happed, but I'd been doing pretty good at keeping it at bay until Tim lost his job. That was the catalyst for my brain to go all haywire again. :P

I don't mean to be a downer. I know things could be much, much worse, and I'm thankful for what we have. And hopefully, the law firm job will pan out. *fingers and toes crossed*

No comments:

Post a Comment