Saturday, November 7, 2009

Yes, Another Falling Leaves Mani

I'm not sure if it's because of my aforementioned depression or another reason, but I've been feel wholly uninspired as of late. All of my manis have been disappointing in one way or another, so for my current mani, I turned to a design that I knew worked.

I know I've posted 2 previous falling leaves manis and I'm sure you guys are sick of them, but as fall is coming to an end in a little over a month, I figured I'd better get to cracking if I was going to do another. Plus, I just really love them.

For this one, I used a base of OPI All A-Bordeaux the Sled. For the leaves, I used plate m20 and ChG Joy, Delight, and Magical.




All A-Bordeaux the Sled is from OPI's new holiday 2009 Holiday Wishes collection. It's a deep brown/wine vampy creme. It reminds me of those chocolates that have wine in them. On the nail, it's definitely more brown that wine, but there's a nice wine-y undertone that keeps it from being muddy, a problem I find with vampy cremes. I know some reviews said it was nothing special, but I really like this color. If fills a gap for me, as I don't have many vampy cremes, especially not many that aren't purple based, but if you do, it may be a pass.

As for application, it took 2 coats to be opaque. The formula was pretty easy to handle on this one. Not too thin, not too thick. OPI seems to be getting better and better w/ their B3F formula.

The ChGs, of course, are from the Romantiques collection. I swear, I can't help myself from konadding with these. They are perfect every time. I chose Joy (a warm purple), Magical (a rose gold) and Delight (a copper) because I thought they worked well with AA-BtS, but any color from the warm Romatiques collection (and probably a couple from the cool collection) would have been awesome.

I got AA-BtS at TD for $4.99. They also have the Romantiques for $2.60.

Also, I've been using a new top coat, Beauty Secrets Top Coat. It's available at Sally's for ~$3 with a Sally's card. I really like it. It dries nails super fast. Unfortunately, I got some shimmer in my bottle, so if it looks like there's shimmer on AA-BtS, there's not... it's just my bottle of TC.

Lastly, I used Kiss Curved Tips as my nails for this mani. I have been using Nailenes pretty much exclusively, but I wanted something longer for a change. I really like using the Kiss tips, as it's easier to handle them than the full nails, because they are longer. I just cut them down to my desired length.

I hope you guys like this mani, and I should be back with more in the next few days. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment