Thursday, March 22, 2012

Nail Shape

This is a post that I have been writing in my mind for awhile, but I have been avoiding it because, in all honestly, I really hate dealing with negative comments.  My skin is not thick and they make me super sad and I want to close up my blog.  But I also feel this has to be said.

My nails flare out.  I try as much I can to keep the shape of them in check, but there is only so much I can do.  I had a recent comment, that honestly hurt my feelings, that my nails were ugly and I needed to shape them better to be taken as a serious blogger.

I'm sure this commenter, and anyone that feels the same, doesn't realize just how much I agonize over my nail shape.  I file them inward as much as possible.  The issue isn't with my nails, as much as it's with my cuticles and the skin surrounding my nails.  They grow over a good amount of my nail bed.  In the past, I have pushed back my cuticles until it hurt.  I have even cut my cuticle and skin to try and make it look like everyone else's nails.  At some point, I realized that I was hurting myself and I can't change it.  It's just the way I'm made.

If you don't like my nail shape, and you think they are ugly and look like duck nails, clamshells, etc... please don't read my blog.  I'm not saying that in a "if you don't like me then get the hell out" kind of way.  I'm being 100% serious.  There are hundreds of nail blogs out there, so I am sure you can find something that suits your fancy.  Believe me, I do understand where you are coming from.  Years ago, when I was active on MUA, there was a poster whose nail shape I didn't like, and I did have a negative reaction to her pictures.  To solve the problem, I avoided her posts.

That said, with my latest post, I started to swatch on my nails a bit differently (with Zoya Carly and Zoya Myrta specifically), so they don't appear to flare as much, but I'm sure someone will not like that part of my natural nail is showing.  LOL.  Can't win for losing.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment