Monday, March 5, 2012

Yesterday's Nails: Crazy Navy

I wanted to preface this by saying that I am not normally one to show a gazillion pictures of the same manicure, but for this one, I felt that several pictures were necessary to show just how pretty this was.  This is 2 coats of OPI Russian Navy and 1 coat of Klean Color Chunky Holo Bluebell...



















I had been wanting to dig Russian Navy out of the depths of my storage container for a few days.  Russian Navy is one of those colors that it took me several uses to like it.  When I first got it, right after the OPI Russia collection came out, I loved it in the bottle, but hated it on the nail.  At the time, I had acrylics, and I thought it just was too much on the long nails.  However, once I tried it on shorter nails, I liked it much more.  Unfortunately, right after I applied my manicure, I got tip wear (grrr), so I decided to apply something over top.  My first thought was to do glitter tips and then I saw Klean Color Chunky Holo Bluebell in my glitter/holo drawer.  I adore these Klean Color Chunky Holos.  Bluebell is a slightly blue base with random-sized multi-chrome (green, gold, red) glitter.  I think this is a fabulous combo.

No comments:

Post a Comment