Saturday, March 24, 2012

Today's Nails - Barielle Shannon's Attitude

If you follow any of my ramblings on Twitter, you may know that today is my 37th birthday.  :\  

I've been waffling for a few days on what to use for my manicure today.  At first, it was going to be the obvious choice, Lippmann Happy Birthday, but I decided to do something different because 1. I think I did that last year, and 2. I don't like being predictable.  :P  

As luck would have it, I had just received my Barielle order (from their 30% off sale) and figured I'd use one of my new glitters (gnah... it's like crack).  This picture is 2 coats of one of their new shades, Shannon's Attitude (holo bar glitter and small micro-glitter in a clear purple base), over 2 coats of OPI Honk if You Love OPI (a deep, browned plum from OPI's 2011 Fall collection).  I also used 2 coats of Nubar Diamont.
Here's a bottle pic of Shannon's Attitude...

It's super-pretty and more than a little distracting.  LOL.  Unfortunately, when I pulled it out of the box, I was a little disappointed, to be honest.  This is because it looks nothing like the picture on Barielle's website.  I quickly got over my disappointment, and I now really like Shannon's Attitude, and my birthday mani in general, but I just wanted to give you all fair warning that in real life, this is nowhere near the picture on Barielle's site.

Barielle Shannon's Attitude is available on Barielle.com, and it retails for $8, though Barielle has their Shades by Barielle always offered on a "buy one, get one half-off" promotion.

QUICK UPDATE - 3/25/2012 - Shannon's Attitude was a complete hit when I went out for my birthday.  It shines like crazy.  If you love glitter, especially bar glitter, you need this one. 

Shannon's Attitude was purchased by me.  Honk if You Love OPI was provided to me by OPI.

No comments:

Post a Comment