Wednesday, December 8, 2010

China Glaze Crackle Polish

I just saw this on my Facebook page and I thought I would pass it along... China Glaze Crackle Polish.  The link is to a post on China Glaze's blog regarding their new, upcoming Crackle polish.  I won't CP the entire blog post here, but they are coming out with 6 new crackle colors: Black Mesh (black crackle), Lightening Bolt (white crackle), Broken Hearted (pink crackle), Cracked Concrete (grey crackle), Crushed Candy (teal crackle) and Fault Line (purple crackle).  


I have mixed emotions about this.  On one hand, I think it's great.  Lightening Bolt and Cracked Concrete sound amazing, as do they all, really.  However, on the other hand, we are just ending a season where so many colors were duplicates, that this seems so forced.  We already know that OPI is coming out with Black Shatter in January and there are a few smaller crackle polish brands floating around.  In fact, I'm sure one, maybe two, more nail polish companies will come out with their own version crackle polish before it's all said and done.  It's the matte top coat of 2011.  KWIM?


I get wanting to keep up with trends, but to me, I would much prefer a company to stray away from trends than to just be a part of the herd.

No comments:

Post a Comment