Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The holidays are over and more updates...

Hi everyone.  Just a boring update post here. :)  I got rambly, so read at your own risk.  LOL.

Looks like I am finally back from the holiday abyss.  LOL.  My house is still a mess of boxes and paper (waiting on trash day which isn't until Friday.  Ugh), but I'm out of the holiday stress factory at any rate.  I swear, when I was a child, and even a young adult, I loved Christmas.  I loved everything about it.  I still do, but I no longer see it through rose colored glasses.  Now that I am a 35 yr old adult with 5 yr old twins... Christmas is a lot of work.  From getting gifts for all the extended family members, to buying for the kids, to wrapping all the presents, and cooking for Christmas dinner, I'm exhausted by the end of it.  :\  I never felt like that pre-marriage and pre-kids.  LOL.

That said, I loved our Christmas this year.  This was the first year that they both got the concept of "Santa", though Amelia got it a bit more than her brother.  Nonetheless, Santa was very good to them, though we refuse to go overboard.  That's for the 26th, which we've officially dubbed "Blake and Amelia Day".  Basically, we let them take the majority of their Christmas money (thank goodness for generous grandparents and great-grandmothers) and let them go hog-wild in Toys R Us.  We started doing that about 3 years ago and it's already become a tradition.  I just love creating traditions in my little family.  It makes me feel like such an adult.  LOL.

But now that Christmas is behind us, we are plowing ahead towards New Year's.  I do have one more significant date between now and then, however.  Tomorrow is my 9th (!) wedding anniversary.  Seems like yesterday that I was stressing about the big day and now it's almost been a decade ago.  Anniversaries are never really a big deal with us, though.  Though, there have been a few anniversary-mishaps along the way...

The first one, both of us though the other one had something secretly planned, when it turns out neither of us had anything planned.  It was 9pm before we realized we were just sitting in our apartment.  Our big anniversary dinner was in the Krystal parking lot with me crying that it was ruined.  :S  After that, I gave up on big expectations.  :P  Our 4th anniversary was spent with me very pregnant with twins on bedrest, but other than that... it was a pretty good day.  On our 5th anniversary, we did go to Williamsburg, VA for a short three-day vacation, but after the second day, I was missing my babies (they were almost-1 and with their grandparents) so much that I had to abandon our last night at the B&B (and our dinner with "Thomas Jefferson") and head home.  Of course, I ended up getting a speeding ticket in Nottaway County, VA.  :S  And to be honest... I have no idea what we did for years 6,7, and 8.  I'm assuming we went out to eat, but I couldn't tell you anything else.  :\  We don't have anything planned for tomorrow, but we do have dinner at the Melting Pot planned for the 30th (that day was much easier for Grandmommy).

Anyway, like I mentioned the new year is in sight.  And for the first time, in a long time, I'm actually looking forward to it.  I have some big plans for 2011.  Plans that will require a lot of work on my part, but I'm ready for it.  I'm ready to put this year away and start off with a brand-spanking-new one.  :P  What about you?

Lastly, and if you've made it this far... thank you, as this is a nail polish related blog, I suppose I should put a little bit of blogging news in here.  You may notice that A Polish Problem is now big time.  LOL.  As one of my Christmas presents, I treated myself to a custom URL (and if I known how easy it was, I would have done it long before now, but I'm kinda clueless sometimes).  You can now find this blog at www.apolishproblem.com (though your old bookmark will lead you here as well).  I will soon be transitioning my contact email to megan@apolishproblem.com (that just sounds so official).

Also, don't forget to enter my Born Pretty Store giveaway.  It ends on 1/6/11.  I plan on a post soon showing you some the cool things you can get from Born Pretty Store and what you can do with them, but for now be sure to check out the "Born Pretty Store" label if you are interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment