Friday, December 3, 2010

RBL Sale Haul

Okay, so three polishes don't exactly constitute a haul, but that's what I picked up at this last 1/2-off sale (as opposed to the 10 polishes I got in the 2009 sale.  See, I'm learning restraint.  :P).

You've already seen my pics of RBL Ani, so here are the other 2 polishes I picked up, Scrangie and Smitten...






Scrangie - Blue/green/purple multichrome shimmer.  RBL Scrangie is one of those polishes that I resisted for months.  It always looked pretty in pictures, but there was something about it that just didn't grab me.  And unfortunately for RBLs, with an $18 price-tag... grabbing is something that needs to occur.  But I'd read that this was one polish that had to be seen in person to be completely appreciated.  As, I had heard that SH Grape Going was a dupe, I thought I'd save myself some cash and see if I liked it.  I really didn't like Grape Going, so I figured I was going to have to bite the bullet and pick RBL Scrangie up for myself or just decide I was never going to get it.  When it became permanently OOS, earlier in the year, I figured I was out of luck.  But then Ji brought it back, along with No More War.  And yet, I still hesitated.  Finally, when the news of the 1/2-off sale broke, I once and for all decided that if Scrangie was still in stock, I was going to pick it up.  I finally put it on this morning and... *sigh*.  I have no idea why I waited.  It is absolutely gorgeous.  As you all know, the blogger Scrangie envisioned this polish to look like the wing of a beetle, and that is a dead on description.  My swatch above does it no justice, so don't let that sway you one way or the other, but if you are still waffling on this color... take it from another I'm-on-the-fence-about-RBL-Scrangie-er and pick this one up.  It's gorgeous and unique and totally shimmery and you won't be disappointed.  3 coats.

Smitten - Tea rose pink creme.  Rose pink in one of those lemmings I never even knew I had until I was browsing on the NB one day.  Someone asked for the perfect rose-pink and after I checked all those suggested, I still didn't find one that looked like the "rose pink" in my head.  So in browsing RBL swatches one day, I came upon Smitten, and well... I was just that.  The swatches were beautiful, but in actuality, the color is so much more.  I know Ji describes it as a "light lilac pink", but I get no purple tones in this.  To me, it's a perfect rose pink, with just a teensy hint of brown.  I love it.  3 coats.

RBL polishes are available at www.rescuebeauty.com as well as online beauty boutiques like Beauty Sak.

I purchased these polishes myself during RBL's sale

No comments:

Post a Comment