Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Combating Winter Cuticles

I don't know about you all, but every winter, my cuticles suffer.  They're horribly dry.  They flake and peel.  And there doesn't seem to be much I can do about it.  Especially if they are too far gone.  However, this winter, I am starting early with the cuticle maintenance and hoping that will help me all season long. 

To start, I had to whip my cuticles in shape.  They weren't bad, yet, but they did need a bit of care.  To do this, I used Blue Cross Cuticle Remover and an orange stick.  What this didn't remove, I handled with a pair of nippers (use with caution, please). After that, I used this...

Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Cuticle & Nail Refiner.  Basically, this stuff is a scrub that you work on and around your nails.  After massaging it in for a few minutes, I wash it off with water and scrub around my nails using a manicure brush.  I then use the nippers again to remove anything this didn't get. 

So the above is what I plan on doing every few days to make sure my cuticles don't go south.  For daily upkeep, I apply a healthy amount of...

Orly Cuticle Therapy Creme, followed by...

OPI AvoJuice Lotion (scent may vary. LOL), and then I finish it off with...

China Glaze Peppermint Cuticle Oil.

I keep these 3 products with in quick reach of my computer and I use them multiple times a day.  

So far, so good, I think my cuticles are in pretty good shape, but, consistency is my biggest foe, and I know I have to keep this up, if I want to have pretty hands by the end of February.  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment