Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Fingerpaints Winter Wishes w/ Orly Glitz & Glamour



















Both of these polishes are from their brands respective winter collections.  Neither of which I gave much attention to.  I didn't really notice the Fingerpaints collections because those can be so hit-or-miss at my Sally's that I didn't want to lem one only to not be able to find it.  And I didn't pay much attention to the Orly collection, because just about the time it came out... Orly decided to make all the etailers jack up their prices to $6 a bottle (hrmph, Orly).

Anyway, like Savvy Garland, which I posted about previously, I happened to find these at Sally Beauty for half-off the clearance price.  So, they were $2 each.  Woohoo.  :)

Fingerpaints Winter Wishes is a champagne base with tons of silver and pale gold glitter (and there's possibly a small amount of orange in there).  I'm a sucker for golden polishes, so I fell head-over-heels for this one.  The glitter seems rather fine, but it was still quite gritty.  I have several coats of TC on my nails in this pic and it was smooth at that point, but it took at least 2 to get remotely smooth.  That said, I tend to use a thinner quick-dry TC, so I suppose if you were to use Seche Vite, it would take less.  The formula was a bit thick, so you had to be patient with it.  Pic is 2 coats.

Orly Glitz & Glamour is a very warm gold metallic.  Again, I'm a sucker for gold, so I had to pick this one up as well.  I love this one on my tips and I can't wait to use it as a full mani.

To create this look, I used one coat of basecoat, Jessica Critical Care and 2 coats of Winter Wishes.  I then applied a coat of TC and my Qtica Half-Time drops.  That was last night.  Then, this morning, I applied my french mani guides and applied Glitz & Glamour to my tips.  Then I applied a coat of TC, silver holo stars from my Art Club Christmas rhinestones pack, and 2 coats of TC to set the stars.

I realize it's only the 29th, and I'm almost certain, this won't make it 2 more days on my (darn NP ADD), but I think this would be a perfect NYE mani.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment