Monday, December 7, 2009

ChG Up and Away Bottle Pics and More Good News

I have a couple of surprises for you all...

Last Friday while I was out Christmas shopping for the twins, Tim called to tell me he'd received a job offer.  It got finalized today!!!  He's going back into Project Management/Control and I think he's very happy.  I think he's a little nervous, but relieved that this unemployment thing is over, at least for right now.  It's a contract job that could last a minimum of 6 months, up to 3 years.  Though, there's reason to believe he can parlay this up into something more at the company.

Also, I came home to Tim telling me I had a FedEx notice on my computer.  Evidently, they'd tried to deliver something in the 30 minute window where he was not home.  I wasn't expecting anything, so I immediately checked my email.  Turns out, it was samples of ChG's new Up and Away Collection!  I was so excited I squealed.  I had to wait until today to get them, and it was definitely worth the wait.

I have bottle pics for you now and I'm going to try to get swatches done tonight or tomorrow.  My nails still are damaged, but they are much, much better than before, so I'm going to try and see if I can swatch this collection.  If need be, I may swatch them on fake nails (not glued on... don't worry) and then take real swatch pics in a few weeks.

Okay, on to the pics.  I grouped them by lighter shades and brighter shades.













L-R: Something Sweet, Sugar High, Peachy Keen, Lemon Fizz, Re-Fresh Mint, Light As Air












L-R: Heli-Yum, High Hopes, Happy Go Lucky, Four Leaf Clover, Flyin' High, Grape Pop

Disclaimer: Four Leaf Clover and, to a lesser extent, Flyin' High, did not come out true to life.  I tried to take pics inside and out, with a flash and without, and I just couldn't get a true representation of FLC, especially. 

I love this collection.  I knew I would, but I now that I've seen it, I would marry it if I could.  It's bright.  It's happy.  The names are fun, but not overly cutesy like OPI's names can be.  I love everything about this collection.  I even love that it's all cremes, and I'm a shimmer girl.  But I'm so ready for some fun and edgy cremes.  I may be changing.  Someone look for the pod.  LOL.

Also, if you haven't yet, check out Scrangie's swatches of this collection.  She does an amazing job with all of her swatches, but this one is outstanding.  She even got FLC as close as possible. 

Special thanks to China Glaze

No comments:

Post a Comment