Sunday, December 13, 2009

NOTD: Maybelline Express Finish Lime Aluminum















Sorry for the dry skin/cuticles.  It's so dry and cold here that I'm doing my best to keep them from totally falling apart.  LOL.

I have a love/hate relationship with green nail polish.  I love it in the bottle, but save for the rare exception, it always looks like crap on me.  I can't tell if this one is one of the exceptions or not, to be honest.  I love the color.  It's a bright, almost chartruese, lime green metallic.  In the bottle, it looks like a green polish with silver shimmer, but it's definitely a metallic finish on the nail. 

Application was great.  I think I'm in love with Maybelline's brushes and handles.  I'm having a hard time adjusting my application due to the new length and size of these nails, but this application was super easy.  It went on without issue.  This was 2 coats, plus top and base coat.  You can see that I got some weird texturing on my middle finger.  I have no idea what caused it, other than maybe my base coat was too thick.  I didn't bother to fix it however, as I'm just going to take this off tomorrow (yay! natural nails!!!).

However, the reason I'm confused is because I can't tell if this looks good on me or not.  Normally, with greens, it makes the skin around my nails look red and slightly dirty.  While I do get the redness with this polish, it actually doesn't look bad.  Plus, the color is so darn pretty, I think I have to say I like it.  :)

Lime Aluminum is from a collection of d/c'd Maybelline metallics, but I can't find any additional information about them.  I got this lime one, plus blue, violet, brown, and blue.  I'm pretty sure there's also red, gold, and silver, but either my Dollar Tree didn't have those, or I just didn't like them.  Like I mentioned, I got these at the Dollar Tree, and from what I understand, finding them is kind of spotty.  I have one DT that always has a decent NP selection and then another one that has nothing.  Unfortunately, the good one is farther away, so I'm there less often.  If you can't find these at your local DT, check eBay, though they are always marked up there.  But I know if it's a color I really like, I'm willing to pay a bit more for it, as long as it's not insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment