Friday, December 18, 2009

NOTD: Zoya Indigo w/ ChG Fairy Dust















Since I got Zoya Sloane to play nice with me, I figured I'd give another Zoya a try.  I grabbed Indigo, although in hindsight, I probably should have tried another one as I've used Indigo with success before.  :P 

Anyway, awhile back, I'd frankened my Indigo.  I didn't like the way the shimmer seemed to disappear on the nail, so I added a ton of holo, blue, and silver glitter to it.  I loved the way it looked in the bottle, but it still didn't translate well to the nail.  Maybe Indigo is just too dense, so any sparkle just has to fight to shine through.  So I decided to top it with a coat of ChG Fairy Dust.  I liked it, but I didn't love it.  I wanted the holo glitter to be suspended in the navy polish rather than sitting on top of it.  Sigh. 

As for application, it was fine.  Indigo was opaque enough in one coat.  Since I knew ahead of time I was going to put Fairy Dust over top, I didn't worry too much about it being fully opaque.  Both the original polish and my frankened version are gorgeous in the bottle (midnight navy with holo shimmer).  I just wish they looked like that one the nail. 

You can get Indigo through Zoya's website or on eBay and Fairy Dust is available at Sally's, eBay, and various etailers

No comments:

Post a Comment