Saturday, December 19, 2009

NOTD: Rescue Beauty Lounge "Look Rich, Be Cheap"


I didn't think I'd ever own any RBL, but thanks to the sale, I now have several pretty boxes all in a neat row.  Included is this one, "Look Rich, Be Cheap".  I'd been lemming the RBL glitters since they came out in March, and finally was able to own them.  While Locavore is my favorite, this one is not one to sneeze at, by any means.

LRBC is a gold and purple glitter.  It glitter are small, but they look to be multi-sized (it's kind of hard for me to focus on the glitter because they are so shiny.  LOL).  This one is amazingly festive and would be perfect for Mardi Gras.  The glitter is suspended in a clear base, but because the glitter is so dense, you could probably get away with 2 coats if you knew what you were doing.  This one is 3 because I had a few bald spots at 2.  I also have on 2 coats of TC, but let me tell you... compared to the ChG cobblestone-rough glitters, this one is practically flat.  The application was really nice for a glitter.  I had none of the "free-edge drag" that I sometimes get with glitter. 

All in all, this is an amazing polish.  I am so happy I own it and it's glittery sisters.  You can get "Look Rich, Be Cheap" through RBL's website or at BeautySak.  Both sites are the same price ($18 reg), but BeautySak oftentimes has coupons and shipping is more reasonable.  You also get free shipping over a certain price point.  I, however, got mine at RBL (who has AMAZING c/s) due to the 1/2 price sale.

EDIT: I was a little worried about how I was going to remove this as I'd heard horror stories on other nail blogs and on MUA NB.  I poured some acetone into a glass bowl and soaked my fingers for about 3-5 mintures.  The glitter came off no problem.  If you do this, just be sure to slap some cuticle cream/oil/Mango Mend on your cuticles since the acetone will dry them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment