Thursday, December 10, 2009

Not NP: Spearmint and Oatmeal Soap

As I'm not really able to do many NP posts right now, due to the state of my nails, I figured it's as good a time as any to post about one of my favorite beauty finds.  I've been meaning to do this for awhile, but I've never sat down to do it.  So, here goes...

If you are like me, then you have acne prone skin, and if you aren't like me... then I hate you.  LOL.  :P  I mean, I'm 34.  I have grey hairs and pimples.  It's a lovely combo.  I've struggled with finding something to help with my blemishes, but nothing seems to work.  Then I discovered spearmint soap.  I first bought this on a whim.  I went to a local candle and soap company and because I had my 3 year old daughter with me and she being was a bit of a stink, I bought something just so the lady behind the counter would stop giving me looks.  :O 

I picked up spearmint and oatmeal soap because it smelled so nice, but then I started using it on my skin.  I swear, the first time I washed my face with it, I had a couple of painful pimples on my temple.  Within minutes, the pain and redness were gone and by the next morning, the pimple was gone completely.  Now, I still get blemishes, and on really bad ones, it takes a few days for it to go down, but this stuff works so much better than any other cleanser I've tried.

If you are interested, you can pick this up through The Knoxville Soap and Candle Company's website, though I'm sure other handmade soap companies offer this combo as well.  BTW, the bars are huge.  I got mine in August and I still have around a month of use left.  They also have other great soaps listed on their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment