Friday, December 18, 2009

Nail Recovery Update - 4 weeks















Sorry of the state of my nails, but these are completely naked just after I removed Zoya Indigo.  Some of it wanted to stay around.  :P

Can you believe it's been four weeks since I took off my glue-ons and showed you my damaged nails?  I was determined to try and get my natural nails back.  As much as I liked the look the look of my glue-ons, and my acrylics before them, they just weren't healthy of my nails.  Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against glue-ons, but the constant cycle of gluing them on and removing them was really taking a toll on my nails.  They never had the opportunity to recover from the damage caused by the acrylics.

So I think being contacted by Dermelect to sampled their products was absolutely perfect timing.  I was getting sick of the glue-on vicious cycle, but I didn't know how or where to start it.  Once I got their samples, I just took off my glue-ons and jump in with both feet, and I'm very thankful I did.


As you can tell, my nails are no where near perfect, however.  There is still damage in the top 1/2 to 2/3rds of my nails.  As a result, the growth I'm getting now isn't healthy.  It's splintered into many layers (you can see some of it coming up over my index finger).  However, the new growth seems to be much better.  It's that pink-y-purple-y color of healthy nails.  I'm hoping that once all the old, damaged growth grows out, my nails will no longer be layered.  *fingers crossed*

I'm so happy in my decision to say adios to the glue-ons.  I love polishing my nails every night (as I'm sure you can figure out from the daily NOTD posts.  LOL).  I also love the fact that I'm not a slave to the glue-on routine.  The 15 minutes it takes for me to complete a polish change on my natural nails is low maintenance compared to my glue-ons.  I can't wait until I can finally show you all long (for me) and healthy nails.

And as if you haven't seen this pic enough, I just wanted to remind you girls where I started, and I'll post the above pic below it so you can see a direct comparison...



Please enlarge them just so you can see the difference.

Thank you all so much for supporting me during this process.  I'm sure I'll be posting even more nail recovery posts in the next few weeks/months, but I just wanted to give you all an update as it's my month anniversary.  I plan on doing a review of my Dermelect products very soon, so if you are interested, please stand by.  If you want to see all the posts in my nail recovery process, please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment