Thursday, December 17, 2009

NOTD: Zoya Sloane















Pardon the dry cuticles and the lovely burn on my index finger (damn toaster).

Well, I finally did it.  I finally got a Zoya nail polish to play nice with me.  Except for Roxy and Indigo, I had zero luck with my Zoyas.  They never wanted to set on my nails.  I want to say it was because of the fake nails, but considering those 2 polishes worked okay on me, and considering other people, who don't wear false nails, had bad luck as well, I had no clue what the problem was.

Maybe it was because of the artificial nails, because I finally got a Zoya to work with me.  I used one coat of Orly Calcium Shield, one coat of Dermelect Makeover Ridgefiller, 2 coats of Sloane, and one coat of Out the Door.  It was dry to the touch within 10 minutes, but it took me another hour or so to get it to fully set. 

Sloane applied okay.  It was a little spotty at one coat, so I applied a second, and I still see places I should have gone over before I applied my TC, but the aren't that noticeable.  The color is gorgeous, though.  It's a deep, vampy reddish-purple with purple microshimmer.  It does look black in low-light, though.  I think the closest thing in my collection is OPI Black Cherry Chutney, which I do prefer over Sloane, to be honest.  I had to apply a second top of TC this morning because it did look a little muddy this morning.  I still like the color, though, and I especially like it on my stumpy nubbins. 

Sloane is available through Zoya's website or through a few ebay sellers

No comments:

Post a Comment