Saturday, December 19, 2009

Previous NOTD: Lippmann Bitches Brew with ChG Golden Enchantment


Okay, you know how I think Deborah Lippmann was a total jerk off for the "Funky Chunky Tyrade of 2009"?  And you know how I said I wasn't going to buy any more of her polishes?  Well, I still think she's a giant d-bag, but as soon as I saw Bitches Brew, I knew I was going to have to bend my resolve.  Swoon.  Isn't it pretty?

It's a deep burgundy shimmer.  To me, it borders on vampy without looking black.  Deborah Lippmann describes this a "mulberry fantasy" whatever the hell that means.  I have nothing close to this in my collection.  I suppose OPI Bogota Blackberry would be the closest, but it's cooler than Bitches Brew.  Bogota Blackberry is also a few shades lighter. 

Application on this was very nice.  I have 2 other Lippmann polishes, Purple Rain (grr) and Shut Up and Drive.  Neither of which applied like this one.  It was opaque in one coat.  I hadn't liked Lippmann's handles before, but I guess that could be attributed to the fact that the polish on my 2 other Lippmanns was harder to control.  Because this one was so easy, the handle didn't bother me at all.

It was a beautiful color on it's own, but I was feeling festive so I decided to apply some Cina decals and one coat of ChG Golden Enchantment.  I just loved the holo, golden sparkle of Golden Enchantment against the deep tone of Bitches Brew. I loved the color beforehand, but afterwards, it was amazing.  I loved it.  Didn't stop me from taking it off tonight (I blame the NP ADD)  :P, but I think it was one of my favorites of 2009.  I loved it that much. 

You can get Bitches Brew where ever you find Lippmann Collection polishes.  Just google it and many places will pop up.  I got mine at Beauty Bridge for one main reason... they offer free shipping on all purchases in the US.  The polish was $16, so it was nice to not have any additional fees.  Shipping was a little slow for me, but it was certainly in the reasonable range (arrived in a little over a week).  I got the Cina decals at Sally's and you can get Golden Enchantment at your favorite e-tailer, at Sally Beauty, or on eBay.

No comments:

Post a Comment